Saturday, July 9, 2011

Camp Adventure

Before this summer, Camp Adventure, the camp for middle school, has always been my favorite camp, of the Indiana UMC camps.  Perhaps because I spent a summer there on summer staff and counseled there, but so far, That Thing at Epworth was my favorite.  Maybe it was because of the people I spent the week with.  My students were great, and I had an incredible team of adult counselors and cooks from my church to depend on. I was a blessed leader last week!

This coming Sunday, I will be the activities coordinator, a part of the directing team for the week at Camp Adventure.  I have a bunch of games all planned out, and a trunk full of supplies.  I am a little sad that I am not going to be a counselor, but I do hope to be able to spend some time with my students.

I wish I had another week, at least to sleep more!  I hardly have a weekend to sleep in (or a day to go to bed before midnight) and it was a week of long hours getting ready for this camp.  Plus, I am waiting to become an aunt, and chances are that the little guy, already late, is going to come while I am away.  But I think I am all set.  I just have to through some clothes in the suit case that was only partially unpacked from last week (the clean clothes stayed) and be on my way.

I have found some interesting conclusions in the last week from an unexpected place.  I would love to believe it as truth, but my reality makes it seem unlikely.  Where is God's voice in my head, because ether my conscience and God sound a lot alike, or I'm just confused.  Priscilla Schirer says you know it's God's voice when you have a thought that is not something you would normally think or it is completely out of the blue.  She also says that when God is telling you something he will confirm it with scripture.  I need to go read my Bible.  But I remember to trust God, and not judge progress by what I can see.  I know by now that only time will tell for sure.

I heard from God at Epworth and I am expecting I will hear from him at CA as well.  I have a few questions that I feel he is going to answer there.  Maybe not, but he has answered my questions there before.  Some big ones in big ways.  It is a place that I can just feel God's presence as soon as I pull into the drive.  I love that  camp and I hope I will receive and try very hard to accept all God is going to tell me.  It's going to be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment