Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thank You God!

I just read a post of a very bad day that was written with great humor.  I felt sorry for her, but the fact that she can make light of it does wonders for the soul.

I woke this morning to a familiar question, only today, my response was a little different.  I think it has made the difference in my day.  I still have yet to wander down to the chapel and pray, like I want to. Last night when I wanted to look at the stars and talk to God, it was freezing out and hazy... No stars to be seen.  Is this really the middle of May?

This morning, when I was hardly conscious, I gave my day and all that it would hold, to God.  I prayed a hedge of protection over those I would be meeting with and those on my heart.  I prayed for direction and God's blessing as well, and I have had a good day!

The slightly shy face of a bright eyed brown-skinned little child is staring at me.  His beautiful picture came on a brochure for mission trips.  Our summer is too busy to try to fit a mission trip in right now, but I took the add over to the paper cutter and cut out his beautiful face and stuck it on my wall just above my computer.  I want to remember that even though I have decided it was not the right time to go to Africa this year, I have not forgotten.  Which makes me think of David and Africa University, which I am  looking into, and pray we can find a way to send him there.

This has been a year of growth for me.  Though it had its ups and downs, I did a lot and it flew by anyway.  Spring always reminds me of new life.  If it were warmer out, I guess I would be talking about Summer.  But there is always a feeling of expectation in the Spring, for what is to come.  I love all that Summer brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment